Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring is Here!...and Gone again.

For those of you who know me... you know that letting the boys splash in puddles is a really hard thing for me to do. It is mainly because of the clean up afterward that makes it so hard for me, but I want them to be boys, and not girls. :) So this may even surprise some of you that I even let the boys splash in puddles on MY birthday! (For there to be puddles on my birthday is a rarity since it is usually very very cold) It was so so fun, even though there was lots of mud and sand everywhere. We will definitely be doing this more often.... as soon as all the snow melts again!!!


Not long after the warm temps we had last week came colder weather with lots and lots of snow! 19.8 inches to be exact! Cody is especially glad for the snow blower this year! This past week while driving down our side streets I have felt like I was driving through the dry land of the Red Sea with the Walls of water/ice/snow on either side of me!!!





After the storm

17 months old already!!! It is going so so fast.



At the tail end of the snow storm we ventured out into our back yard. Here is Joshua's Snow Angel.


Caleb's Snow Angel


And mine.


Our new bedroom in our basement was collecting a lot of "stuff". It wasn't being used as a bedroom anyway, so we cleared everything out and made a playroom for the boys! I think the like it. :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you took pictures of the big birthday puddle splash! Fun to see. I am the same way as you..."Is it worth all the mess to clean up?" But I'm finding more and more that it is. Let me know if you want to do a puddle-jumping playdate when it melts again. Anja would LOVE it. :)

Dan and Narla Top said...

Awesome pictures! Special Angels!! Best Buds in the puddles and the new play room.

Marta said...

I love it! You have the most adorable boys ever! :) I also am a GIANT fan of your pictures after the snow (but I'm not a fan of the snow :P) I miss you guys!